Friday, September 23, 2011

Food for Thought, Really!

I haven’t had a good fiction book to read for a couple of weeks.  This is so odd for me because I love to read. You might be thinking, so what?  Well one of the truest things about writing is that in order to be creative and write you have to feed your brain.  I first read this in Stephen King’s On Writing.  Basically, one of the things I learned from reading that book is that in order to be a good writer you have to write a lot and read a lot.

I have found that to be so true.

Because I haven’t read any fiction, good, bad or otherwise for a while, I haven’t written much at all.  You really do have to feed your brain.  And the food for writing is reading.  It is as simple as that.

I finally bought a new book last night and look forward to feeding my brain.  I can almost guarantee the writing is going to go so much better once I am no longer so malnourished.

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment