Friday, June 10, 2011

Publishing on the Kindle


I published my first book, Always Darkest, (a dark but funny fantasy romance,) on the Kindle a little over a month ago and I have to say it was and continues to be a great experience.

Here is a link to the book:


So, this has been a great month!  It is not a best seller (yet… J ) but it is selling which is awesome.  I am a brand spanking new author and I know this and for my book to sell as much as it has I am thrilled!  So if you are one of the people who bought my book, THANK YOU!  I sincerely hope that you enjoyed it.

I thought I would share what I learned about publishing on the Kindle so that if any of you are considering doing so I might be able to save you some hassle.

  1. Do not use tab for paragraph indents when writing.  If you do it comes out looking really odd and you have to go back and change all you paragraph indents.  Instead use the top arrow on the slider bar on Word.  (You know the one.)
  2. Just do it.  If you are thinking about publishing on the Kindle, go for it.  What have you got to lose?  I can tell you getting that first sale and knowing someone is reading what you wrote is an amazing feeling! 

That’s it those are my two biggest tips.  If you are a writer and decide to self-publish on the Kindle, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you have a great weekend!

Thank you for reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment