Friday, June 24, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog?

So my blog today is about blogging.  I know it’s like reading a book about reading but it is what is on my mind today.  I started blogging shortly after my book Always Darkest, a dark but funny fantasy romance, was published and I have blogged every Friday since.  I have discovered something about myself.

I don’t like blogging.

I know, you may ask, “If you don’t like blogging, why are you doing it?”  Well, I’m new at this whole self-publishing, trying to sell my books and self promote business.  Being a self-published author and blogging seem to go hand in hand.  But you know maybe it’s not for me.  I don’t know.  So as readers, do you expect the authors that you read to have a blog?  Do you think it increases sales?  Let me know what you think.

Now don’t get me wrong.  I LOVE reading blogs.  I read all the blogs of my favorite authors and many of my twitter followers.  Blogs are cool.  I’m just not sure if they are the right thing for me right now.  Maybe the every Friday schedule is what is making it no fun, kind of like how being in a dart league and having to play every Sunday zapped all the fun out of it for me.  So maybe I’ll be switching things up in the coming weeks. 

Thank you for reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment